Even if you ever plan to sell or rent your home, regular home maintenance is essential.
Here are a few of the reasons we never get around to taking care of our homes:
- Family comes first, and everyone is so busy that there’s no time left for home maintenance.
- Your job demands most of your time.
- Come the weekend, you just want to relax and take it easy.
- DIY jobs always turn out to be more work than you anticipated.
- You’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to even begin.
- You’re physically unable to do a lot of the work your home requires.
But if you don’t maintain your home, routine maintenance items turn into bigger problems. And your home’s value, as does your enjoyment.
The solution is to put your home on a maintenance schedule. Come up with a schedule and budget for completing each of your home’s maintenance projects.
To get started, hire Kauai Handyman Services to come to your home and help. We will identify and prioritize the home improvements and repairs needed to preserve and even improve your home’s value. The expense of an assessment can save you lots of money down the road.
INTERNET SPECIAL: We will credit the cost of a comprehensive home maintenance check-up toward any handyman service you hire us to do within the first month (minimum 4 hours required).
Call us at 808-352-7511, or click here to schedule a home maintenance check-up today.
To get started, go ahead and start on your own check-up. Here are some of the things we’ll look for, just to give you an idea:
- Loose or broken roof shingles
- Water or sun damage around windows and doors
- Loose, missing or broken boards on decking
- Loose, missing or broken tiles on the lanai
- Chipped, faded or discolored paint
- Loose, broken or missing siding
- Mold or mildew anywhere on the house
- Termite damage
- Tree damage, overgrown trees and shrubs
- Broken fence or gate, loose railings
- Old, broken or outdated light fixtures; not enough lighting
- Run-down buildings or structures such as garbage sheds
- Uneven sidewalks and paths, broken pavers, erosion, loose gravel
- Kitchen and bathroom counters and cabinets—replace, repair, or refurbish and reface
- Kitchen and bathroom fixtures—replace faucets, knobs, towel bars and switch plates
- Sinks, showers and tubs—cleaning and caulking, or time to upgrade?
- Closet doors—hinges, knobs, overall appearance and functionality
- Old or broken light fixtures
- Replace or install AC units and ceiling fans
- Floors—deep clean, refurbish, or replace tile, wood or laminate
- Walls and ceilings—drywall repair, painting, mildew problems
- Baseboards and trim—painting, replace or repair, check for termite damage
- Toilets—replace with new water-saving toilets
- Appliances—remove, install new ones, upgrade
- Garage—flooring, walls, shelving, garage door, lighting
- Windows—broken jalousie louvers and cranks, caulking, water damage
We know it seems like a lot, so that’s why we’re here to help. Our home maintenance assessment will save you money by identifying the projects that should take priority and will add the most to your home’s value.
In many cases, we can help you determine whether you should replace an item, or whether you can save money by repairing or refurbishing it.
Why not give us a call and schedule a check-up for your home?
Take advantage of our INTERNET SPECIAL: Apply the cost of your comprehensive home-maintenance check-up toward any home improvement job (4 hour minimum).