Regular home maintenance is essential!
Do any of these reasons for not keeping up with household maintenance sound familiar?
- Family comes first, and everyone is so busy that there’s no time left for home maintenance.
- Your job demands most of your time.
- Come the weekend, you just want to relax and take it easy.
- DIY jobs always turn out to be more work than you anticipated.
- You’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to begin.
- You’re physically unable to do a lot of the work your home requires.
But if you don’t maintain your home, routine maintenance items turn into bigger problems. And your home’s value diminishes, as does your enjoyment in your own home.
You need a home maintenance schedule
We can help you come up with a schedule and budget for completing each of your home’s maintenance projects.
To get started, hire Kauai Handyman Services to come to your home and identify and prioritize the home improvements and repairs needed to preserve and even improve your home’s value. The expense of an assessment will money down the road.
Or call us at 808-352-7511
Here are some things to start thinking about
- Loose or broken roof shingles
- Water or sun damage around windows and doors
- Loose, missing, or broken boards on decking
- Loose, missing, or broken tiles on the lanai
- Chipped, faded, or discolored paint
- Loose, broken, or missing siding
- Mold or mildew anywhere on the house
- Termite damage
- Tree damage, overgrown trees and shrubs
- Broken fence or gate, loose railings
- Old, broken or outdated light fixtures
- Not enough lighting
- Run-down buildings or structures such as garbage sheds
- Uneven sidewalks and paths, broken pavers, erosion, loose gravel
- Kitchen and bathroom counters and cabinets—replace, repair, or refurbish and reface
- Kitchen and bathroom fixtures—replace faucets, knobs, towel bars, and switch plates
- Sinks, showers and tubs—cleaning and caulking, or time to upgrade?
- Closet doors—hinges, knobs, overall appearance and function
- Old or broken light fixtures
- Replace or install AC units and ceiling fans
- Floors—deep clean, refurbish, or replace tile, wood, or laminate
- Walls and ceilings—drywall repair, painting, mildew problems
- Baseboards and trim—painting, replace or repair, check for termite damage
- Toilets—replace with new water-saving toilets
- Appliances—remove, install new ones, upgrade
- Garage—flooring, walls, shelving, garage door, lighting
- Windows—broken jalousie louvers and cranks, caulking, water damage
If this seems like a lot, we’re here to help
Our home maintenance assessment will save you money by identifying the home maintenance projects that should take priority for your family’s safety and enjoyment, and will also add the most to your home’s value. We can help you determine whether it’s more economical to replace an item, or whether you can save money by repairing or refurbishing it.